A covered bridge scenic byway is featured in the March Ohio Magazine. See attached clipping.
Here’s a link to the Covered Bridge Scenic Byway page on the USDA’s website:
Hune Covered Bridge (35-84-27), Washington County
Graffiti marred this covered bridge. The Ohio Department of Transportation is taking on a study to provide surveillance and fire protection for historic bridges supported by federal funded initiative.
Ballard Road Covered Bridge (35-29-18) Greene County
Construction is almost done with a few finishing touches to go. Should be opened soon.
Foraker Covered Bridge (35-56-14), Monroe County
After receiving more than $200,000 in rehab work the Foraker Covered Bridge was reopened in October.
McClellan Bridge, Columbia County (WG#35-15-02)
The 53 foot multiple kingpost will soon be under construction after the contract for repairs was awarded on March 2nd.
Roley Bridge, Fairfield County (WG#35-23-49)
On Saturday, April 4th high winds caused the collapse of the Roley School House Covered Bridge in Lancaster (WG#35-23-49). The original bridge was built in 1899 over the Ohio Canal in Baltimore, Ohio. The bridge was moved to Roley Road around 1914 until 1972 where it was moved to the Fairfield County Fairgrounds.
The bridge was dismantled and labeled, the plans are to rebuild the bridge over Fetter’s Run in Sensory Park where it will become part of the bike trail.
Before photo by Janis Ford
After photos Leo Thimmes
Zeller-Smith Bridge, Fairfield County (WG#35-23-19)
The bridge located in Fairfield County’s Sycamore Park is closed so repairs can be made. The City Engineer is evaluating whether temporary repairs will be made or permanent repairs will be made.
Ballard Road Bridge, Greene County (WG#35-29-18)
New roof and siding are planned for this 1883 bridge.
King’s Mill Bridge, Marion County (WG#35–51-21)
John Smolen designed this new 190 feet long bridge built on St. James Road near Waldo, Ohio. The bridge was opened at the dedication ceremony held on May 11th.
Foraker Bridge, Monroe County (WG#35-56-14)
The contract was awarded in April to repair the sag along with beams, bridge deck, chord members and paint on this 104 foot mutiple kingpost build in 1886.